The lap-dog/attack-dog media are trying their damnedest to paint Romney as a despicable person who is politicizing the deaths of our citizens in Libya. The FACT is, we have an INCOMPETENT, NEGLIGENT, DISGRACE of a so called “President” and Romney is speaking out against his failures, his disgraceful unacceptable negligence. Romney is speaking FOR AMERICA! He is doing his job as an AMERICAN, holding this administration accountable for their disastrous policies and failed leadership!! Romney has proven time and again to be a leader we can trust and be proud of.
The mainstream media are laboring hard to turn Gov. Mitt Romney’s strong defense of American interests and values into a “gaffe” that reflects the Obama campaign’s claim that Romney is somehow not ready for the foreign policy duties of the presidency. They are largely ignoring President Barack Obama’s foreign policy and intelligence failures, and literally collaborating to attack Romney.
To do so, they are obscuring five key facts:
1. Romney was right about the timing of official Obama administration reactions. Yes, the U.S. Embassy in Egypt issued a statement which empathized with the mob before the attacks, but it reiterated its statements after the attacks as well. The White House disavowed those statements–through an unnamed source, and much later on Tuesday, while the State Department issued a similar statement at the same time that failed to condemn the raid.
2. The State Department condemned the Libya attack but not the attack in Egypt. Romney’s critics point out that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton did issue a statement on Tuesday night stating that “there is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.” That statement did not refer to Egypt at all–only to the attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya. The only statement on the Egypt attack remained that of the embassy in Cairo.
3. Romney could not have known that the ambassador to Libya was killed. He could not have known because almost no one knew. It is likely that President Obama himself did not know. Yet the media is behaving as if Romney committed some grave act of insensitivity. Both candidate Obama and his predecessor John Kerry exploited the known deaths of U.S. troops to attack George W. Bush without such push-back.
4. Obama, not Romney, broke the mutual pledge not to attack each other on 9/11. Contrary to what some journalists are alleging, Romney studiously avoided criticizing the President on 9/11. By contrast, the Obama campaign sent new surrogate Bill Clinton to Florida to bash Romney and running mate Paul Ryan in a hyper-partisan and false attack. Romney’s statement on the attacks had been embargoed for 12:00 a.m. on 9/12.
5. The Obama administration, not the Romney campaign, bungled its message. When the White House sends a message to reporters that it does not agree with the language used by the U.S. Embassy, but the State Department reiterates very similar language, there is a contradiction that must be explained. Meanwhile, Romney stated clearly what has been always been his foreign policy. Yet he is accused of a “gaffe.”
Read More at Breitbart: Five Facts the Media Are Distorting About Romney’s Response to Embassy Attacks.
- Obama Camp Condemns Mitt Romney Before Our Attackers In Egypt, Libya (amerikimpatriot.com)
- Five Facts the Media Are Distorting About Romney’s Response to Embassy Attacks (conservativebyte.com)
- Megyn Kelly Panel Tears Into Media’s ‘Biased’ Narrative About Romney’s Egypt Response (mediaite.com)